17 miles.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Orange Grove, 7 miles (well, 6.99, but I'll round up) in 54 minutes.
I ran with Masha. Sylvia was running at the same pace, in the same general vicinity, but not really "with." And Natalya was sick.. but she was running anyways, silly girl. I think I'll probably be sore tomorrow.. since I was sore after last Friday's run... and today's was longer to say the least... heh. But it felt good to run. I'm actually quite excited about being committed to running track this year, despite the seeming lack of enthusiasm on the team's behalf. The (distance squad portion of the) team is quite small. My back/shoulders are really tight, and I think it gets worse when I run.. hm. My legs were getting tired toward the end of the run, and red lights were too sparse. Then we did some light abs afterward. Other news: I got new shoes with Sally today! The guy at the store was a fan of Ian Shapiro.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Track workout: 7x500 (84, 85, 85, 86, 86, 85, 81)
mm, I am sore. My calves started to cramp during the cooldown, a few times =[. And I think my left one is a bit swollen. And my quads are sore, too. But I've been more sore before. I love this weather (for running). A little bit nippy is perfect.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Off. I'm so tired.. and I'm not sure why. I effectively slept for 10 hrs + another 3 in the afternoon, through practice. I'm not sure what's up. Not feeling so hot, though.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Attempted to do sprinter workout, but they were on the machines. So I ended up just running 2 laps around the track, and then going to the weight room for a little bit. Note to self: no more sprint workouts.
Friday, March 5, 2010
Team meeting, then pre-race + 6 striders. Afterward, very light abs.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
SCIAC bottom 4 meet. I ran the open 400 (67.8), 800 (2:51) and 4x4 (split 69).
The 4 was okay, but I don't think I'm going to do another open 4.. that last 100 =P. The 800 was terrible: 1) it was not that long after the 400.. about 25 minutes. 2) My calves, the left one was really tight and I could feel it on the last 250 (cramp-y), so lots of people passed me, and I couldn't really do anything about it. My hip also has that feeling where I feel like it needs to crack, but it won't. Calves... go away.
3 comments:
i want to be excited, too.
looking pretty awesome (by which i mean fast) there on tuesday. good luck in the 4 and the 8 and the 4, you fast one you. hopefully conditions will be in your favor (i feel like a fortune cookie). may all your hopes and dreams be realized.
yeah...i am sorry. i hate calves... :( but don't worry, there are other meets. it is only march, after all.
Post a Comment