the turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.

Ah, the joys of getting back into shape on a warm day.

4 miles, Lacy the long way.

I was going to go play softball, but after a few pathetic attempts to bat, I did a late afternoon run with Clara and Perrin; I'm guessing it was about 80 degrees outside. My legs were starting to feel dead by the time we hit Euston, but thankfully there were refreshing sprinklers along the way. Oxford is remarkably nice to run down in the afternoon, since the row of trees in the Huntington Gardens serve to provide a nice shady covering. After completing the run, we did some abs on our favorite patch of grass.

I had done a short 3 miles to and from Sierra Madre on Saturday morning, during which I was very tired from lack of sleep. Other than that, my legs felt fine - not sore at all.

Anyways, I'm pumped to get back into running shape, and run this summer in preparation for the upcoming cross-country season (actually, this time). Katherine met with me over lunch last week and came up with a training plan. And then I signed up spontaneously to do a half marathon with Stephanie and Clara in June... "hilly and challenging"... hm... not sure exactly what I'm getting myself into. But it's time to face my hill fear. Sweeeet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment