the turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.

You Raise Me Up

6 miles, Garfield modified

After the xc meeting this afternoon, around 5:30, I ran with Stephanie and Clara. It took probably an hour or so. It was pretty warm outside, and I think I was probably dehydrated, since my head started doing the "it's hot, so I'm going to throb" thing, but it wasn't too bad. The run went better than expected, and I didn't die like I had expected to. I think my calves are getting a bit sore now (my left one), but other than that, everything is good. I iced my shins after running, and I think I left the ice on for too long, because it was a bit puffy... oops.

Preseason commences on August 26. 3 months to train! Stephanie, Sedona, Perrin, and Best (part of the time) will be around (maybe other girls too, but those were the ones at the meeting). Sweet!

Life otherwise: Guilty of not running for a week... I got busy, and had a pretty whack sleeping schedule towards the end of last week. My chambermusic concert was on Sunday, and I'm still behind in doing ACM sets. But last night, I slept just past midnight, and got enough sleep, it seems. Strange weekend indeed - Brian Go passed away, so lots of people around campus have been pretty down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment