
I recently discovered "A Softer World," and there's just something about it resonates with me (a lot of them are reeeeally messed up, though...) It's so absurd, and constantly one of those "oh my god... you did not just say that" moments. It's like "a weird sad clown that lives under your bed. except when he cries, the tears are blood. and when the clown coughs, the most adorable kitten in the world pops out of his mouth and loves you."
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Went for a morning swim with Tony and Sam. It was a really short swim, because I got bored after a short time... only did maybe 1100 yards. 400 fr, 300 drill/drill/swim, 300 kick, then worked on some pulling.
17.6 miles running, 1100 yards swimming.
_________________________
Saturday, June 26, 2010
8.75 miles, Lower Arroyo. Didn't time myself (somewhere between 80 and 90 minutes) - when I started out, I was unsure whether I would have the willpower to actually do the whole run, or whether I would turn back at Garfield, or end up doing a short jog before getting tired. So I was going at a very conservative pace. Weather was quite nice out - it's overcast, and I think that helped a lot. But I was running, and felt good. And as I was nearing the turn up to California out of the arroyo, I was considering doing full arroyo, but decided not to (didn't want to completely be stupid and trash the legs since I haven't really been running very much). I hit almost every red light on the way back up California, and my right knee was hurting a little (fatigue). Anyways, run all in all felt great, and I feel great, right now. So I am inspired to run and get fast, and am not put off from it. I feel like more often than not, the first attempt at running after not running for a while kind of puts me off, because I feel super out of shape and inclined to stop, turn around, walk (or any combination of those...) shameful..
Sunday, June 27, 2010
4 miles, Lacy the Long way. It's getting hot outside! (which made the run progressively more miserable as it progressed). Woke up late, after (too) many hours of karaoke and playing Bang! last night. Legs (quads specifically) are a bit sore, walking around, but they're pretty fine when running. Light abs and very light lifting in the gym afterward.
Monday, June 28, 2010
4.85 miles, Huntington with Ian Shapiro. Quads still a bit sore. I like getting up early.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Off. Decided to give the legs a break, catch up on sleep, and then spent a quality 13 hours in lab.
1 comments:
Zane (of 'and this guy named Zane' fame) mentioned to me a few weeks ago that he felt like sometimes A Softer World was stalking him, personally. I think that was specifically in reference to #565.
Post a Comment