34.2 miles running, 3000 yards swimming.
____________________________________________
Monday, August 9, 2010
11.8 miles, 95 minutes. Have I mentioned that Patrician is my favorite run? And every time I've done it has been different! Decided to come back through the arroyo today. I started out considering upper arroyo, but it was calling to me. I really really enjoy the flat, downhill, and rolling hills (although they do make me breath heavily and winded), and running into the sunset. And watching the sun set over the rose bowl and various golf courses. Right middle bottom calf, left hamstring were sore. And I almost got run over by a car while jay-walking... oopsie poopsie... But other than that, it was a pretty fantastic run.
On a separate note, I think I run my runs like progression runs (Stephanie was talking about progression runs). Well, it was 18 mins at Singer Park, and then 35 mins turning onto Patrician. Then the hills made me slower, to 62 mins when I reached the 5k loop. But then in the Arroyo it was pretty fantastic again. And then coming home was pretty ok.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
3000 yards (I think). 500 fr, 800 IM kick, 300 drill/drill/swim, 2x300 pull, 8 50's cycle through IM, 6x100. I can't remember all of what I did. I would have preferred to sleep today. I feel like it's easier to make commitments to other committed people than yourself.
6.7 miles, 52 minutes (I think) with Brian. Return of The night run. I just really wanted to run, after getting back from watching Despicable Me. It's pretty cute. Started out kind of fast - was not quite what I expected when he said "slow run" but I was like alright...; legs were pretty feeling turning onto Oak Knoll, and it slowed down a lot on Huntington. Now my quads and outer hips/butt are sore, too.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
off. Staining and microscopes and qPCR's.. oh my! gluts and general legs were sore walking around lab.
Thursday, August 12, 2010
11.3 miles. Left butt/hip was really hurting, legs were dead/tight, and generally no good. Stretched for a while at Rose Bowl. Then the way home was ok. Got not enough sleep, and it was a miserable day. But, what started as an incredibly shitty day ended in an incredibly amazing and surreal way. I am thankful for those things in life that make you smile and brighten your world.
Friday, August 13, 2010
4.4 miles. Stopped at Lacy to stretch out the hip. And then I fell asleep for a bit. And then headed back. Legs are dead.
Saturday and Sunday: off. Baking, eating, cooking and researching.
2 comments:
LoL did you get back in time to cook?
nope...
>.>
<.<
doo dedoooo...
Post a Comment