the turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.

if you put down your pen, leave the worries behind, then the moment will come, and the memory will shine.

15 miles running, 20 miles biking, 6000 yards swimming
_____________

Monday, August 2, 2010
20 miles biking (Chantry), with Clara. Legs felt less fresh today than they did when I did this last week. But, I broke the 40 mph when coming down that long straight part at the end of the descent! And I was stuck behind a car (never imagined that ever happening to me - it's usually the other way around) for a good bit of the way down right before the end, too.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Swim in the AM with Brian. I'm not sure of the yardage - it wasn't very much. Was mostly strokework for back and free. I was rather miserable for the whole workout, though... I was mostly wishing I were still in the comfort of my bed. And then I felt really shitty all day, because I couldn't fall asleep at night.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Off.

Thursday, August 5, 2010
3800 yards. Swim in the AM with Brian. Probably the first workout I've ever written, and I think it was ok.

Friday, August 6, 2010
15 miles in 123 minutes. (I forgot to start my watch between Singer Park and Orange Grove, so that time isn't completely accurate, but whatever...). Holy shit! That's the longest run I've ever done :). And it felt pretty damn good. Even the hills seemed pretty friendly, today. And my stomach didn't complain. The weather was pretty perfect, once I crossed the bridge onto Patrician. Today started out terribly, and then I decided that I needed to go on a run. I set out to do Patrician, but then I got a bit lost when I went down the wrong street and got confused, and then went to the Rose bowl, and was feeling inclined to do the 5k loop. And I saw Stephanie! I was wondering if that was her, but she wasn't moving very fast, so then I didn't call out her name until I approached closer, and then it turned out to be her :). So I finished the loop, and then got some water, stretched out my calves and left hamstring, and then I trotted home.

Saturday and Sunday: Off.

1 comments:

ceng814 said...

hey! good job on the friday. :) sounds pretty fantastic.

Post a Comment