I am visiting Pasadena!
Thursday, 7 July, 2011
Huntington (4.8 mi) with CHE. Was a bit of a warm one, but was super glad to have run. I am eternally grateful for my friends who inspire and prod me to be a better person :). And cook delicious split pea soup.
Friday, 8 July, 2011
Madre (5 mi) with CHE. Quite warm. Legs (esp. quads) were a little sore from yesterday, and the legs were feeling log-like. Ice cream (of the matcha green tea variety - mmm!) and lots of water afterwards to help me regulate my internal temperature. I guess one good thing about feeling hot is that I drink more water. Dinner with JCC/JH/DS was yummy. Got those mushrooms again :).
Saturday, 9 July 2011
o HAI sore quads. Ate some delicious gnocchi, leafy veggies, and brussel sprouts for lunch after checking out the farmer's market. Attempts to swim were thwarted by the silly opening hours of the pool. C'mon! What kind of pool closes at 5 in the PM on weekends during the summer! I guess people that want a life. So we did a little bit of abs, and then stationary biked for 30 mins... eliciting some strange looks in our swimsuits. -.-
Sunday, 10 July, 2011
TRAIL RUN! (~7 mi) with CHE. I was actually super pleased with today's run, despite the legs feeling very tired. Drove to the rose bowl with CHE, and we coincided with the flea market. Made our way along the trail over to Cherry Canyon. Got a bit of a stitch + quads still sore + R hamstring a bit hurting. Head was great in the shade, though! Carried water with me on the run - that's like the first time I've ever done that. Got a sports bra tan/sunburn. doh! Then a little swimming in the PM. My face got a little blotchy and puffy - I wonder if that's from the sun. I put on so much sunscreen, on my face though! Had some tilapia and pasta for dinner. Went to TJ's to get parmesan cheese on AK's bike with super flat tires; that seemed like more of a workout than the swimming... lolol.
Monday, 11 July, 2011
Swim (1300 m) in the AM. Woke up a bit later than I planned to, so I was there for about half an hour; I haven't really been sleeping well this week - perhaps I have a sleeping disorder or something :(. Clint was there!, so I said hi; he always seems to have the same things to say :P. Also saw Gretchen on the way out and talked to her for a little while.
1 comments:
Huntington and Madre are both 5.5 from the Schloss! So you actually ran a bit more than that. :) Also I'm glad the trail run was not too much of a trial. :P
Post a Comment