Week total: 23.5
Mostly off for the first part of this week - trying to let the R ham heal; it's been throbbing while I'm just sitting there. How unfortunate.
Friday, March 2
3.5 miles around the NIH. Started raining during the run - lovely! Running felt liberating. Felt the R Ham. Iced afterward.
Saturday
20 miles! Proof of concept run - T-2weeks for the marathon... shit guys!
Ran without music today. I think I prefer this. Am being extra cautious with the R. ham, felt pretty good at mile 8. Stopped to have snack#1, a goo gel type thing at mile 9.25. It didn't taste very good. Then I continued, past the CVS from last week, and I discovered a track that was open. I did a 400 (70); I contend it was a shorter distance than a 400. Then I continued, past the national cathedral. It was getting sunny! Stopped at a Giant to hydrate and pick up another snack (cliff bar). Then continued down Wisconsin to the water front, where I stopped at mile 14 for part of the blueberry bar. I checked out a dog, but the coincidence seemed too high. So I stayed there for a few minutes enjoying the view. Later, I find out it was actually JOS. Continued again, legs starting to get tired, but I made it to mile 17. Up the capital crescent.. cherry blossoms in bloom already! Stretched the hams, and then I kind of bonked before mile 20. And the outside of my L foot was hurting starting around mile 19. It now hurts when I walk around :(. ICE. So I had a McFlurry at mile 20, and then hobbled home. did some abs afterwards.
0 comments:
Post a Comment