Total mileage for this week: 25 miles.
Saturday morning: Tempo at the Arroyo. First loop 10:52, Total 22:35. Eh, time is not excellent, but I feel like I tried. I think I'm tired from this week - it felt slower and less fresh than when we did our 20 minutes on Thursday; legs were just not really moving. The start was fast, and then I pretty much got out of range of Susan and Stephanie. Boo, I would like to run with them next time, but today there was no way that I could have gone a minute and a half faster. I'm not even that sore - slightly, but fatigue? Total miles: 6.
Friday afternoon: light lifting and some medicine ball exercises and softball massage/stretches.
Friday morning: 6.6 miles, Lorraine, 53? minutes.
Ran with Masha, Susan, Bettina. This run felt really good - I was tired towards the end, but it was a good tired :). Legs are a tiny bit sore from yesterday. This run is so much more pleasant in the morning than the afternoon, when the sun is eating up your energy. I tried to power through the hill, and then we 'shuffled' back to Tech after the water fountain at the top of the stairs. Before that, we were running faster than Garrett, I think... because we caught up to him, but I think he's injured :(. Oof, hills! Anyways, I've decided no more 11 minute miles for me this season. It'll be good for me. My goal is to always at least run with Susan and co. (i.e. Masha) on easy days, too.
Thursday afternoon: 15 minutes barefoot around the north field; ~<6 loops. It was really slow, and hot. I'm not used to running barefoot... then we did some stretches and abs. I need to do abs more and work on my core strength. Ick, and there are fires burning, so the air is... not so good. Smoky and dry.. mmMMMmm.
Thursday morning: Mostly everyone was here on time! Drove to the Arroyo at the end of California. It was nice and cool as we started off. 15 minutes easy warmup, 20 minutes faster (apparent we were sub-7 miles, but I'm not so sure...), and then 20 minutes cool down. I was running with Stephanie for 15 minutes of it, I thought I was just running with her, but apparently I was setting the pace, but then I got really tired towards the end.. maybe it's a mental thing, too. Anyways, this season I'm trying to start workouts harder, and work to hang on at the end instead of being comfortable and then emptying the tank on the last bit. I really like running as a pack, because we don't get to do it that often. And I don't like how people tend to string out even when we're doing the cool down - same pace, but 10 meters behind.. hm, definitely something to work on as a team. Mmm, that breakfast burrito tasted so so good after practice!
Wednesday afternoon: Huntington (4.7 mi), 'easy'. Ran with Susan, Masha, Stephanie, Sariyann, and Mia. Not sure how long it took. Run felt pretty good. Iced the hamstring afterwards - I don't think it's injured anymore, but just to be safe.
Saturday, 8/22: Biked up to the Ranger station past the lookout with Julian. Oof, I was tired =[. It still took 4 hours or something... slow slow. It was my first bike ride after the San Diego fiasco, though!
1 comments:
Shouldn't it be "walls"?
That pace was definitely sub 7. Only for the first... 10 minutes though.
I like your goals! Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment