the turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.

open my eyes, yeah; it was only just a dream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6O2ncUKvlg&feature=related

wake me up when September ends. well, how about that, it's October.

36 miles running,1000 yards swimming.
------
Sunday, October 3.
87 minutes, perhaps 9 miles? Wet shoes, peeling feet (ew...), and smiles all around. Had a pretty fantastic run in the Pentlands with a few orienteers. Not a kind run... quite hilly, and I was pretty much walking at times (so steep that the achilles were complaining), and it was horizontal rain so I was covering my ears with my jacket, my shoes finally got kissed, ankles took a beating (the left one was painful when I landed on it sometimes). Nonetheless, a fantastic run. It was a run with sheep and highland cows, through rolling green hills of lore. I'm not sure what the feeling is. Just something incredibly pure, exhilarating, and altogether simply wonderful. It's been a little while. Running makes me happy, I guess.

And this is really weird: the inside of my knee is twitching. It was kind of bothering me while walking around yesterday, and then started twitching at night after I got back. It didn't hurt at all while running.

Monday, 4 October, 2010
62 minutes. perhaps 7? After getting out of the city, went exploring forests today. It is so so so beautiful here. It was reminiscent of running through Redwood. There were a lot of paths that went off - will definitely go back; I hope to explore all of those, eventually. I pretty much did an out-and-back. Got a little bit of a stitch that I can still feel (partially from yesterday) but it was mostly fine, because I was maintaining a pretty leisurely pace. Felt great for the first half, then legs started getting a little heavy on the way back. Took a detour and did half a loop around the meadows before retracing the route back home. I wish the forest were a bit closer to me - it's a bit annoying getting out of the city, because there are so many people on the streets, but there's not really a way around it (that I've found yet, at least). Not that I'm complaining... this is pretty fantastic.

Tuesday, 5 October, 2010
4 miles, just to and from KB. Tendon on the inside of my right leg is still bothering me when I walk around; kind of clicks sometimes.

Wednesday, 6 October, 2010
Hopes, dreams, and setting reasonable immediate goals. 64 minutes by and around Arthur's seat. Estimate 7. Felt that sharp twinge on my left ankle on the landing of some foot strikes. Explored a little bit by taking some single tracks off the trail. I don't think I can get on foot to the far side of the Loch where the marshes are - darn. Light abs.

Thursday, 7 October, 2010
4 + ~5 (46 mins) in the meadows. Finally went and got a gym membership today! 62 quid is a bit pricey... oh well - I plan to make use of the pool fairly regularly, and maybe venture into the rest of it. Tired legs (slightly sore from squats and lunges)... the run felt really long - I wanted to head back at some point, but it was only 28 mins when I checked my watch, so I willed myself to do another one before trotting back. I don't like running at night by myself as it's getting dark. On a mission to get stronger.

Friday, 8 October, 2010
~1000 yards, swimming with Emma in the AM. Well, we kind of did our own thing in the pool. Oof, feel out of shape, weak, and inefficient in the water. Forgot my cap & goggles the first time, so ran back to get them in my flip flops. Set out to do a workout, but scrapped that plan pretty quickly, and didn't really keep track of what I did in that 45 mins. I think it included 200 fr, 400 kick, 200 various free drills, 200 free, 25 fly somewhere in there. I want a swimming lesson. I always feel like I'm injured (right groin) when I do breast kick. But the apple-blackcurrant pie afterward was delicious, even though it meant a brisk walk to KB to get to class on time.

Saturday, 9 October and Sunday, 10 October.
Off... way off. Being a wee bit too silly.

3 comments:

ceng814 said...

i am glad you had a pleasant run amidst the cows and green hills. :) keep it up!

ceng814 said...

good good. never be afeared of a little complaining though. i here it does one good sometimes. :P

ceng814 said...

looks like a pretty okay week, kid. good job. also, nice mission. get huge!

Post a Comment