and we're gonna be fine.
week total: 27 mi
Monday, 28 November, 2011
5.3 miles at the gym; 5 at 8:34 pace, then cool down. Quads were tightening up afterward. Oof, treadmilling is tough, even with Lady Gaga keeping me company. Abs + light lifting. Also, GAWD I love getting ample sleep - it's the most amazing thing EVER.
Tuesday, 29 November, 2011
5.4 miles, 45:41 mins in the evening, around my block. 48 degrees is perfect for my running tastes. Sported my new running capris and rocked out to Linkin Park. Felt GREAT. Felt the right ham walking around today, and a little bit during the run (possibly slightly strained, so I'm keeping an eye on it.) I feel sore, and it's wonderful. Only slept for ~6.5 hours last night, but wasn't particularly tired. Ate the pie that I baked last night >.<. Made quinoa for the first time! Yummo!
Wednesday: off. A bit sore - quads esp. Did some drills.
Thursday, 1 December, 2011
6 miles = 5.3 on the treadmill + .7 to the gym and back. Oh my GOODNESS, I felt fantastic today! Progression run! 1 mile at 8:19, 8:12, 8:00, then took it down to 6:58 by increments of 400's and stayed at 6:58 for 800? For the 5 miles before cool-down, averaged sub-8 mile pace! Sweet. Stomach started being hungry somewhere in the run, but good tunes kept me pumped. Legs felt fresh and invincible - felt like I could have gone longer/harder, but starting out slowly! Abs + lifting today. On the ab-front, I feel like I'm getting stronger. On a different note, I have been eating a lot of salad this week. Also, it's starting to get cold - my exposed skin was turning numb in the distance from home to gym.
Friday: Off. I want a massage. Lower back is stiff, and my shoulders/upper back are sore from a combination of poor posture and soreness from lifting yesterday.
Saturday, 3 December, 2011
11 miles, 90 mins. patrician the flat, truncated. started out feeling generally good, but then all the rolling hills killed me. legs were very tired towards the end of the 11 miles, and got a blister on my right arch. started feeling the quads about 7 miles in. got a little warm, so shed the gloves, but I liked the earmuffs even though they were a bit tight on my head with headphones. haven't decided whether I like running with music yet. slept a lot last night and dreamt about some version of.. ditch day. odd.
Sunday: Off. Probably walked 5 miles wandering around downtown DC with TFW.
0 comments:
Post a Comment