the turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.

let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter than the sun.

tonight, we are young.

week total: a pitiful 11.5 miles + 30 mins elliptical. Foreboding of a tough winter?

Monday, Tuesday: Off. Took care of the tight upper back on Monday, and hung out with TFW on Tuesday. Wednesday, contemplated going to the gym, but the weather was miserable - my umbrella got owned on the way back from the metro because the wind was CRAZY. The sight of police cars, flashing lights and flares in the area with a bus draped across Rockville Pike made my heart uneasy.

Thursday, 8 December, 2011.
7.5 miles on the treadmill. Started out 8:12 pace, then at mile 2.5 dropped to 7:47 for 2 miles, then did 7:18 until mile 6. Back up to 8:12, and at 1 hour the thing decided to make me cool down, so then I cooled down. Strength training today. It's getting cold outside... 32 degrees tonight.

This warms my heart: http://video.sciencemag.org/VideoLab/1310979895001/1

In other news, I think that I am undatable. Not because I am incapable of loving, but because I am actually hopelessly in love. Well, at least that's what I think this is. And there's nothing that I can or should do about it, because it just can't be. That awful situation of being in love with someone who most likely can't and won't love me back. I am unsure of how admitting this and putting it in writing on public domain helps the matter. I've been trying so hard to kick this awful habit for... 6 months now, and it still hasn't gone away. Doh. Love sucks? Tides of time, I eagerly await your grace in moving my heart forward.

And in other other news, I am currently really excited about my research. That thing about self-confidence increasing after Tech? Truth. This is strange, but I feel... competent. I've also been getting ample sleep for the past week, which makes me a happy panda.

Friday, 9 December, 2011.
4 miles on the treadmill, then 30 mins elliptical. Wasn't feeling very motivated today - legs were quite tired, so I switched to the easier intensity elliptical. Totally jinxed the sleep thing... only got 5.5 hours last night :(.

Saturday, Sunday: Off. Entertaining DKL, SKP, and ESK!

0 comments:

Post a Comment