the turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.

look at you, you're growing old so young

Week total: 25 miles

Tuesday, 20 December, 2011
5.3 miles, tower oak loop in 45:45. Run outside before work! Slept 8.5 hours, felt quite fresh, leisurely pace. Enjoyed being outdoors.

Wednesday, 21 December, 2011
4 miles with SET. Night run, outside at a Very leisurely pace. Felt good though. I have been thirsty since Saturday - strange. I also want vegetables - have been eating too much meat since Friday evening at Fogo de Chao (OMG so delicious, and a tad expensive.)

Thursday: Off. Rain, doh - had to stop to buy an umbrella on the way home >.<. Finally had a welcome portion of veggies for lunch today! Yay.

Friday, 23 December, 2011
15.7 miles, patrician the flat! Ran to run today - 9 minute miles (2:22), purposefully leisurely, because I wanted to finish the run. Legs felt a little heavy even to begin, and were getting tired towards the end. Also, it was chilly. 45 degrees isn't too cold, but it was windy at points... brr! I think that my ideal running temp is 48 degrees. I wonder if I will feel warm when I'm back in the bay area! My lips were purple by the time I got done, and I was getting hungry - my pomegranate blueberry cereal with soy milk was sounding so so good by the time I got to Trader Joes, so that's where the run ended up :). Quads are surprisingly unsore - more hams. Knees were feeling it a bit by the end of the run and complaining, but all in all it was a good run. Running on 6+3hours nap.

Sat: off, travel day

Sunday: hike with the fam :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment