Tuesday, September 29, 2009
First day of school, woohoo.
In the PM: 400-800-1600-1200-800-400 at Lacy.
1:36, 3:12, 6:23, 4:45, 2:59, 1:22(?) respectively.
My legs felt pretty good today (and fresh)... hm, I wonder why... at some points, I felt like I could have gone faster (cardio-wise) but my legs only went so fast. It felt like a good workout. Sylvia went with me for the 800, which was awesome. Then afterward I did an extra 800 with Best (3:07), yay!
Workout aside, today was (is still) very miserable. I have some type of stomach bug, food poisoning? perhaps, and I have had an upset stomach and been to the bathroom a lot today. On the way to my 7pm class, I was also really freezing (like I was shivering uncontrollably on the way there, and also while sitting in the classroom), so I came back after the OM and took a nap. I just kind of rolled myself up in my blanket and hoped I would warm up, and it took a while. And my temperature is a bit high. Ugh. Apparently I ate all the wrong types of foods today, for an upset stomach. I hope it will go away soon. Really soon.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
53 minutes, easy pace. To San Gabriel, via Rose Villa.
Ran with the gang until the intersection of Roosevelt & San Pasqual, and then I kept going for a bit, since I was supposed to get in a longer run today. I really like Rose Villa, ever since Susan showed us that one morning. I think from San Gabriel onwards coming back, I was just jogging along. I don't know; I was feeling really tired and like I was going to collapse because I didn't have any energy. Anyways, it was no good. When I got back, everyone was doing drills and striders, so I just sat there and pretended to stretch. Then we did some abs.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
(3 hard, 2 medium, 3 hard, 2 easy) x3 at Lacy Park.
I ran with Masha, Sylvia, and Clara (for some of it). Oof, it was a hot and dry one today, but it was a good workout. I ran with Masha for the first set, then for the second set I ran with Clara to pull her along - she led the first one, and then Sylvia led the second of the second set while I ran with Clara about 15m behind Masha and Sylvia. For the third set, we all ran together for the first one, with Masha leading, and for the last one Clara dropped off (booooo) and I led. I'm really excited to see Sylvia race. I think everyone seems a bit tired, especially because it was hot, but it felt good to be running in pretty tight pack. Clara, get your head (back) in to XC!
Side note: I probably shouldn't have eaten dairy (those nachos were so enticing, though!) so early, because my stomach was clearly not happy. Argh.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Race: Regional Preview and Pomona, 25:58
Survived. I think I kind of went into this race without any expectations, and a goal of finishing without 'pooping out.' This course was pretty flat, and quite repetitive. I think I got out pretty well, and the first mile felt pretty good (6:29). Then I got a stitch during the second mile, and felt that I slowed down considerably, as was matched by the time (7:00). At one point, Ian told me that the group in front of me was all-SCIAC, but I consciously (I think) just made a tired face and just kind of continued onward. The third mile was even slower... (7:20) so I averaged a 6:55 pace. Next time, I need to run more consistently (i.e. not slow down) but I'm happy that I finished the race.
1 comments:
Get better soon Justine :(
Post a Comment