the turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.

Unintended.

Monday, September 21, 2009
52 minutes along the river, legs felt great after basically a whole day of sitting.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009
800-1600-2400-800 on the track.
Oof, this workout was kind of miserable. Maybe because I didn't get too much sleep the night before, on Sunday night. Warm-up run, then drills, 4 striders, stretches, shin walks, and then got to business.
800, 1:42/3:29. Started off a bit slowly. I was contemplating running another one, just so that it wasn't so slow, but by the time I got to 800 for the 1600, I felt like it was fine, and I wanted to do the 1600.
1600, 1:35/3:13/4:49/6:27. So I tried harder for this one, and it felt pretty good.
2400, 3:16/6:45/8:34/10:14. This one felt so long, and I really felt like stopping, so I kind of paused after 1600, then finished up. My legs felt so tired after about 3 laps, and the first mile of it was 6:46. Then it just got slower from there.
800: 1:43/3:23. Didn't really have much of a kick, and was glad to be done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment