the turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.

whatever you like

Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Pack running at Lacy. Then we did shorter sprints. Had this weird spot on my calf that was really sensitive - maybe a knot? It hurt when I touched it.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Practice in the PM. Did a 'pace mile' around the track: 6:30 pace (? I can't quite remember). Then did Huntington backwards. Legs feel ok, a bit tight.

Thursday, November 12, 2009
5-4-3-2-1 in the PM at Lacy. I felt like I wanted to save my legs for Saturday, so I just ran/jogged the last 6 minutes of it, or so.

Friday, November 13, 2009
Did not run.. woohoo! pumped for tomorrow.

Saturday, November 14, 2009
I think all in all, I'm quite happy with my race. The times seemed to be slow all around, looking at the top finishers. I compared myself to other people that I finished around, and I think I would have PR'd on a different course :). I also finished in front of all the La Verne girls, and started out hard. So 2/3 goals achieved. I still got a bit of a stitch, unfortunately, but it wasn't bad at at all. We beat La Verne and Chapman! The ladies haven't really gotten recognized for their achievements at all, which makes me a little sad, because Nina and Sylvia ran their hearts out and were pretty awesome. Masha and Best did well, too! We're a bit overshadowed by Alan and Cameron - they did great, and both made top 35. I think that'll be my goal for next year. Lots of (smart) training needed!

---
So the season is over. Some crazy bs happened this season (not completely related to me, personally, but I was affected by it). But I'm kind of relieved it's over. I want to break 20 in the 5k. Ah! (p.s. this entry is backdated.. haven't updated in a while)

--
anya marina, a la gossip girl

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Justine! Good job at Regionals!

You could probably break 20 right now if you wanted to. Why not set the bar higher?

Sachith said...

Justine I have no doubt that you can break 20 in 5k... I'm sure you can actually go much faster than that.

Post a Comment