41.5 miles running (!), 20 miles biking, 4000 yards swimming.
______________________
Monday, July 26, 2010
11 miles (well, 3 + 8, with an interlude at the beginning of mile 3, when I was joined by Stephanie :), and shuttled to the south end of the Arroyo.(miles 3-11 in 67 mins; didn't time the first 3.) It was reminiscent of that 800 at interhouse track last year - the feeling of running, and it's very poetic. can't put it into words.. anyways, it was a wonderful run. Calves and hams (but mostly calves) are super sore now, but no complaints. It has a flavor of "oh, hi! you're starting to get into shape!" And it's wonderful. Finally, iced the inside right knee that had been paining me sharply all day, while I was walking and not moving much.
I like inspiration, and being inspired. And being fascinated.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
3900 yards, swimming with Brian.
500 fr
400 IM (kick/drill/swim)
300 stroke
8 x 75 "slight IM" (I've never heard it called that before)
10 x 100 stroke (descend 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, then 1 all out)
4 x 75 slight IM drill
5 x 100 IM (fast fly, fast fly/back, etc.)
6x50 kick
100 easy
notes: I was a cheater on backstroke, today.. do dadooo.. and my hamstrings are sore (from yesterday's run. Calves are doing better =D).
4 miles, Lacy the long way. Was feeling pretty okay especially when turning onto San Marino, until I stopped at Lacy to pee. And then it was kind of a struggle... my attempt at tempo turned into 400 meters, and then I had to stop because a stitch was killing me. at the end of the day, i am exhausted and thirsty, but inspired?
Wednesday, July 28.
Off. Mental health day? And then Tiki Ti, tamales, and vegan pizza. Heather's leaving tomorrow :(.
Thursday, July 29, 2010.
20 miles biking, Chantry flats, in 1:38, not including stoplights time (which were a while). My first ride by myself! My bike makes this weird tick noise - I think it's the cycling computer or something. Climb felt pretty okay, especially towards the end of it, when I think it flattens out a bit :), after getting up that first long steep hill, and it was hot, so I appreciated when it was shady. Saw Brian descending as I was going up.
And then 45 mins barefoot on the north field with Clara. Right after eating dinner for me... but it was mostly okay :). Legs felt great, stomach did a little complaining towards the end. Felt the left plantar fasci a bit for a little bit, but it was ok. Right knee still feels a little bothersome, walking around.
Friday, July 30, 2010
11.2 miles, Patrician with Stephanie and Clara. Sweet! I have finally done this run. My stomach was bothering me a lot of the time, so I thought I was going super granny slow (which I was for part of it). But the run was in 96 mins (plus a bit probably), which isn't that bad :). I think I was in a bad mood, though. And my stomach... grr. The legs weren't sore at all, though after the run, and I wasn't really tired. I think they were feeling a bit tired, though, noticeably on the hills. Definitely want to do this one, again!
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Basically off... I splashed around the pool in the PM, with Tony, Jessie, and Sally. I pulled my hamstring while treading water though... gawwwd. It doesn't really hurt, it's just an acute pain when I'm stretching. I'm going to be peeved if one of the only things that makes me mildly happy is being taken away from me.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
~10, something that I improvised because I couldn't remember how to do full arroyo, in 87 minutes, with myself. Also, I kind of made shit up for down in the arroyo, so I don't really know exactly how long it was. I think the hamstring was fine. It was a bit warm for part of the run, because I started around noon, and the clouds were disappearing.
Things that happened on my run:
1. On the stretch of El Molino right before turning onto Mission, there was this bird that kept flying really close to my head, and making angry noises. I wonder if it thought that my hair swishing was a bird, and it was getting mad that my hair was ignoring it... it's kind of like when there's a bug that keeps going in circles around you, except it was a bird, so I was kind of freaked out.
2. There was a guy stopped with one pant leg (short leg) pulled up, under the bridge, peeing (wtf?), and he looked embarrassed when I came within close distance of him and then I ran away, and was kind of disturbed.
3. And then later, coming out of the Arroyo, I was kind of confused as to which way to go, because I remember the one time I came up out of the rose bowl on some variation of upper arroyo, we went by the swimming pool. So I went up a trail there, and the gate at the top was locked. As I stood there, I considered how much I didn't want to go back town the hill again, and then hopped over the fence... it's not that badass, but it makes me feel accomplished.
4. And then on Walnut, there was this lady on a bicycle that passed by me at least 3 times (I have no idea what she was doing). Maybe she was lost or something.
On that note, this is the most running I have ever done in a single week :). I've never broken the 40 mile barrier. Not that that really means anything, but.. I guess it makes me feel accomplished. Time to carry on with the other parts of my life, now... :(.
2 comments:
Hell yeah you should feel accomplished. That's awesome!
I hopped that fence last summer and then my foot hurt for like... a week. I think that was the same run that those dogs ran into my leg.
Congrats! I'm really sad that you won't be here for xc... but oh well...
Post a Comment