1 mi swim, ~6 mi run, Manhattan Beach
Today, I ran a mile, swam a mile, and then ran 5 miles at 8-minute mile pace.
The swim was surprisingly short, and swimming in the ocean is so different from being in a pool. It's also cold and salty, but it felt good except for chafing around my neck from the wetsuit. We jogged a mile along the beach to warm up, and them jumped into the water.
There was also this nice trail that was completely paved with wood chips - the soft ones, and it was really well-maintained. It's 4 miles one way, so you could do a full 8 on it. I was getting hungry by the time we got back to the car, so I didn't explore the other way.
I also finally went to open road - third time's the charm. Steve didn't have any used bikes, but he had this bianchi. I'm still looking around, though.
0 comments:
Post a Comment