the turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.

Valley Crest Half Marathon


~13.1 miles, Valley Crest Half Marathon, 2:32:??

Oh man, that was a slow one... Bad race.

Complain, complain, whine...
1. I started out this run with a stitch from the banana I ate in the car, and the first few miles were downhill, so that wasn't very helpful. I was just trying to jog and not exacerbate my stitch.
2. I also decided during this race that I needed new shoes - I thought that my old old ones (from track last year, that I also ended up wearing for xc this year because the new ones I bought weren't comfortable) would be more comfortable than my most recent pair of shoes from track season, but alas, I was wrong, and walked away with blisters.
3. It was pretty warm and sunny.
4. I walked.

I was much less sore after this half than the one in SF a few years ago. Perhaps it is because I ran a bit more (though not nearly enough...) before this one. Or perhaps it is because I walked during this one. My quads actually didn't feel it very much, but my calves were a little sore.

Clara, Perrin, and Stephanie also ran in this event - Stephanie won some zebra arm-warmers, and Clara won some snazzy socks.

I'm sad that Stephanie won't be here, because she's getting back into shape and is quite speedy. But I think I'm really excited for Clara in this upcoming XC season. Yayyy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment